In order for your care to be matched to an appointment with an expert in the field of your diagnosis, it is necessary to have your records available to our physician reviewers prior to scheduling an appointment. Therefore, we ask that you have your referral and medical records faxed to 443-267-0090. It is important to include the following: a referral from your current physician, any clinical notes, imaging reports (including x-rays and MRIs), lab results, other tests results as applicable (such as pulmonary function tests echocardiograms, pathology reports, EMG/NCS results).
Once the review process has been completed, you will be contacted by one of our intake coordinators to assist with scheduling your appointment. You may also call the scheduling office at 443-997-1552 at any time to inquire as to the status of your record review.
For International patients, please contact Johns Hopkins International for initial and return patient appointments.
Unfortunately, our physicians cannot speak with or give medical advice to patients that are not currently under our care.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, it is important to:
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring a photo I.D.
- Bring your co-payment
- Bring a copy of name and address of all persons/doctors who would like to get copies of your visit materials
- Bring the following medical records if not already sent:
- All medical records relevant to your diagnosis (including rheumatology records, discharge summaries)
- List of all current medications (include all over-the-counter medications)
- Recent laboratory results
- Any imaging results (i.e., x-rays, ultrasounds, etc.)
- Pulmonary function tests (bring all test results)
- Echocardiogram (bring all test results)
- High resolution CT scan of lung (bring written report and copy of actual scan on CD-ROM disc)
- Return appointments for the Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Center can be made by calling 443-997-1552.
- Please arrive at least 15-20 minutes before your appointment
- You will need time to complete paperwork to allow us to bill your insurance and questionnaires to help us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
- Bring an updated list of your current doctors who you would like to get copies of your visit report and laboratory results.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards.
- Bring results of any special test done locally since your last visit.
Rescheduling Appointments and Cancellations
We schedule our appointments weeks in advance and are usually unable to reschedule on short notice. If you must reschedule, call us at 443-997-1552 as soon as possible. This will allow us to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.
The Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Center staff will electronically prescribe refills of routine prescriptions, with the exception of weekends or holidays. Some prescriptions require prior authorization by insurance companies, which can take several days. Certain pain medications cannot be ordered by phone; for these cases, the prescription can be mailed to you or you can come to the Center to pick up the order. You are urged to plan ahead to avoid running out of your medications.
Call 410-550-7715 for prescription refills. Please be prepared with the following information:
- Your name
- Your date of birth (we have many patients with the same name!)
- The medication name
- The medication dosage
- How you are taking the medication (once daily, twice daily, etc.)
- The quantity needed (one month or 3 month supply)
- The pharmacy phone & fax number
- The prescription number (if known)
- A contact number where you can be reached DURING THE DAY (such as a cell phone) if we have questions