Appointments can be made by calling 410-550-7715, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
We want to make the most of your first visit; therefore, we perform a records review process. This review process generally takes no longer than 72 hours and enables us to determine which of our physicians would be most appropriate to evaluate you.
The following information must be faxed to our office at 443-267-0090 for the record review:
- A referral letter from your physician (if available)
- Copies of your relevant medical records, including those from other rheumatologists whom you have seen and from other physicians managing your current illness
- Relevant laboratory results
- Results of X-rays, MRI and CT scans
On the day of your appointment, please:
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring a a photo I.D.
- Bring your co-payment
- Bring the following medical records:
- Summary letters from all treating physicians and/or past rheumatologist records and/or hospital discharge summaries (bring last 3 reports)
- List of all current medications (include all over-the-counter medications)
- Recent laboratory results (bring last 3 reports)
- Pulmonary function tests (bring all test results)
- Echocardiogram (bring all test results)
- High resolution CT scan of lung (bring written report and copy of actual scan on CD-ROM disc)
- Any imaging results (i.e., x-rays, ultrasounds, etc.)
- Please arrive no later than 30 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card’s necessary information.
- Bring a copy of name and address of all persons/doctors who would like to get copies of your visit materials.
- Completed New Patient Packet (PDF)
- Please arrive at least 15-20 minutes before your appointment
- You will need time to complete paperwork to allow us to bill your insurance and questionnaires to help us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
- Bring an updated list of your current doctors who you would like to get copies of your visit report and laboratory results.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards.
- Bring results of any special test done locally since your last visit.
Rescheduling Appointments and Cancellations
To reschedule or cancel a visit, please call 410-550-7715.
Notifying us of a cancellation as soon as possible allows us to use this time slot to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.
Twenty-four hour (24 hour) notice is required for cancellation of your scheduled visit. Call 410-550-7715. If you do not call to notify of cancellation at least 24 hours in advance and do not come to your appointment, you will be charged $75 for failure to notify us in advance. (This fee is not covered by health insurance.)
This fee is charged to encourage you to notify us early to give us time to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.
The Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Center staff will call or fax a pharmacy for refills of routine prescriptions, with the exception of weekends or holidays. Some prescriptions require prior authorization by insurance companies, which can take several days. Medical Assistance and certain pain medications cannot be ordered by phone; for these cases, the prescription can be mailed to you or you can come to the Center to pick up the order. You are urged to plan ahead to avoid running out of your medications. You should call about any medications that need to be refilled before your clinic visit. By calling ahead, the prescriptions will be ready for you at the time of your visit.
Call 410-550-7715 for prescription refills. Please be prepared with the following information:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Name of the medication and dosage
- How you are taking the medication (once daily, twice daily, etc.)
- Quantity needed (one month supply, three month supply)
- Pharmacy phone number
- Your daytime phone number