COVID-19 Appointment Information and Procedure Updates
Get the latest updates for all appointments and procedures at Johns Hopkins.
At the Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Center, our goal is for your care to be matched with the most appropriate physician in the field of your diagnosis. To help expedite scheduling we ask that records and referral applicable to your diagnosis be faxed to 443-267-0090. Referrals can be done by your physician or by calling 410-550-7715 for self referral.
Pertinent records to your diagnosis may include:
- Clinical notes
- Imaging reports (including x-rays and MRIs)
- Lab results, other tests results (such as pulmonary function tests echocardiograms)
- Pathology reports
- EMG/NCS results
Your records will be reviewed by one of our Scleroderma specialist. Once the review process has been completed, you will be contacted by one of our coordinators to assist with scheduling your appointment. You may also call the office at 410-550-7715 at any time to inquire the status of setting up your appointment, or if you feel your medical situation is urgent.
For International patients, please contact Johns Hopkins International for initial and return patient appointments.
Unfortunately, our physicians cannot give medical advice to patients that are not currently under our care.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, it is important to arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time for registration, Please bring:
- Insurance card
- Photo I.D.
- List of your current doctors who you would like to get copies of your visit report and laboratory results
- Any updated medical records and results of test done locally since your initial record review
- List of all current medications (include all over-the-counter medications)
Return appointments can be made in three different ways:
- At the front desk at the end of your visit
- Calling the office at 410-550-7715 and schedule with your physicians coordinator
- Calling the Rheumatology scheduling department at 443-997-1552
On the day of your visit:
- Please arrive at least 15-20 minutes before your appointment; You will need time to complete paperwork and/or questionnaires to help us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
- Bring an updated list of your current doctors who you would like to get copies of your visit report and laboratory results.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards.
- Bring results of any special test done locally since your last visit.
Our Physicians are very busy and unfortunately patients often have to wait several months for an appointment. If you need to reschedule your appointment, please call us at 443-997-1552 as soon as possible. This will allow us to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.
Our normal clinic hours are Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm. Our normal phone hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM -4:00 PM.
Our Office is closed for the following Holidays:
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th when it falls on a regular business day, the Friday before when it falls on Saturday, or the Monday after when it falls on Sunday)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day (December 25th when it falls on a regular business day, the Friday before when it falls on Saturday, or the Monday after when it falls on Sunday)
After-Hours, Weekends and Holidays Calls
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency after-hours, please call 911 or go to your nearest urgent care facility or emergency department.
- If your need is a medical management question that cannot wait until our next business day, we offer an On-Call Provider to help you. Our On-Call Provider may be paged by calling our answering service at 410-955-6070.
Inclement Weather and Unexpected Closings
- It is the policy of Johns Hopkins Medicine to reasonably maintain outpatient clinical operations; however, due to weather or other unexpected closings, such as an area-wide power outage or water main break, there may be times when it is necessary to close our office.
- Any unexpected closing notices will be provided VIA the Scleroderma voicemail recording on 410-550-7715.
- If possible, our staff will contact you in the event we are not able keep your appointment.
Insurance / Billing Information
We participate in a wide range of health plans. Before scheduling an appointment or seeking treatment, please contact your insurance provider to understand your coverage benefits and costs. You may also visit the Johns Hopkins Insurance Website by clicking on the following Hyperlink: Billing/Insurance.
*We do not participate with out-of-state Medicaid or Medicare Advantage/Replacement plans.
It is a good idea to check with your insurance to make sure you are covered for your visit and services with us. Please be prepared to pay your copay and any balance due at the time of your visit. We accept CASH, VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and CHECKS.
Non participating insurance/self-pay:
We realize that insurance may not always cover care at Johns Hopkins. With the exception of Medicare Advantage and Medicaid plans, patients may have the ability to pay out-of-pocket for non-covered services. Patients scheduled for new patient appointments are required to pay a $600 deposit at the time of service. Patients scheduled for return visits are required to pay a $289 deposit at the time of service.
Once you have been seen at the Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Center, Our front desk will provide you with a MyChart Code upon check out. MyChart is a secure website that provides the most up-to-date medical information available to you about your Johns Hopkins care and connects you to your health care team.
We ask that you sign up for this free service; You will have access to:
- Communicate with your Provider(s)
- Access to test results
- Request prescription renewals
- Manage your appointments
Prescription Policies and Prescription Refills
Please try and have your prescriptions filled prior to the ending of your doctors visit. At other times, the preferred method would be to send a mychart message to your physician. You may also call our office at 410-550-7715 or ask that your pharmacy fax a request to 410-550-1363.
Policy on Official Forms
The only medical or official forms completed on the day of your visit will be the Office Visit Note. Any additional forms regarding your health or illness such as Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Department of VA, Disability Claims, Department of Motor Vehicles, Schools, Camps or any other forms we ask that you leave with your physician on the day of your appointment and allow 5 business day for processing.
To expedite processing of these forms, Please complete the patient section completly and supply the address and/or fax number paperwork should be sent to.